The East Quabbin Land Trust is seeking a development professional to join our team. Read on for the full position description and be sure to pass along the information to anyone else who might want to apply.
The East Quabbin Land Trust is currently seeking a part-time, experienced development manager with excellent communication and organizational skills to join our team. Candidates must be personable, out-going, and have the ability to think strategically and creatively to design and implement an effective fundraising strategy for the organization. They must have an enthusiastic and positive attitude, be known as a person of great integrity, and take pride in their work. Please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample by February 12, 2016 to chenshaw@EQLT.org.
The Development Manager is responsible for the expansion and successful implementation EQLT’s fundraising, marketing and communications efforts targeted at expanding major donor gifts and membership base.
Development and Fundraising
- Coordinate with the Executive Director to create and administer EQLT’s development plan and annual fundraising goals
- Evaluate success annually and develop strategies for increasing annual fundraising goals and expand membership base.
- Bring donations to EQLT either through direct solicitation or by working with the Executive Director, Board members, and volunteers as they reach out to prospective donors.
- Become familiar with legal and ethical standards for gift accounting.
- Oversee gift reporting, acknowledgments, accounting, and database management in cooperation with the Bookkeeper and Executive Director.
- Oversee fundraising events (e.g., receptions, recognition events, and special celebrations) that promote the connection of individuals to EQLT, in cooperation with volunteers and Executive Director.
- Attend Board meetings and serve on the Advancement Committee. Prepare Board reports.
Communications and Marketing
- Plan and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications plan, with annual review and evaluation, in cooperation with the Executive Director.
- Oversee electronic constituent communications and the maintenance of the web and social media presence.
- Write periodic articles advancing major gifts to EQLT.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree plus some work experience.
- Can think strategically and creatively, ability to act independently, knowledgeable about data gathering, research and analysis.
- Facile computer software experience including, but not limited to Microsoft Office.
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Professional, mature demeanor with the ability to speak truthfully and candidly.
- Is a natural “networker’, adept at developing and maintaining relationships with donors, including the ability to exchange information using tact and confidentiality.
- Has an innate ability to listen to what people are saying “in the margins” and discern their real concerns – and knows how EQLT can effectively address their concerns.
- Is known as a person of great integrity who can build trust within the team and the donor base.
- Has a sense of humor, demonstrates a sense of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Has strong interpersonal skills’, knowledge of the East Quabbin region is a plus.